700mm
Tripod
Manual mode + evaluative metering
ISO 3200
f/5.6
1/800

Andy Shepherd
05-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Sweet shot, Joel. I really like the soft lighting on this one and the graduated BG is very nice indeed. I was a little unsure about the under hanging twigs, but after a second look I think they help balance the image. The twigs might be obscuring the tail a touch, but I think it's a deal breaker.

christopher galeski
05-04-2014, 03:43 AM
Beautiful image,great BG,nice light,sharp with good detail,nice pose,like the perch,the leaves over the tail don't bother me.

Andy Shepherd
05-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Sweet shot, Joel. I really like the soft lighting on this one and the graduated BG is very nice indeed. I was a little unsure about the under hanging twigs, but after a second look I think they help balance the image. The twigs might be obscuring the tail a touch, but I think it's a deal breaker.

Hi Joel, the last part of the above quote should have read as follows. The twigs might be obscuring the tail a touch, but I don't think it's a deal breaker. Sorry for the typo.

Jonathan Ashton
05-05-2014, 01:26 AM
I like the atmosphere about this shot, there is something rather special about the soft light - yes I like it very much. I like the appearance as it is I don't know how much NR has been applied but I may be tempted to try different versions if I were you.