PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise at Pollard Bay on Cayman Brac

Andrew McLachlan
05-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Here is one from my February trip to Cayman Brac in the Cayman Islands (can't wait to go back for another two weeks next March). On this morning I awoke and drove to the end of the island, to Pollard Bay for sunrise imagery...this was my favorite from the morning shoot.

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm lens @ 20mm
ISO 100
f16 @ 1.3 sec.
Singh Ray 3-stop reverse grad filter

Look forward to comments.

Don Railton
05-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi Andrew

Beautiful scene with good choice of shutter IMHO and nice detail throughout. I particularly like the cloud and colour gradient above. I do think your sharpening on the FG is a bit too much however as I can see a halo around some parts, most obvious on cliff top LHS and rocks in immediate foreground. Maybe a little too much blue in the white water buts its going to look that way at this point in time anyway so no biggie for me...

well done, love to spend time there..

DON

Dave Mills
05-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Hi Andrew, No nits on this...well done! The only thing I might do is crop the sky a very small bit...

Colin Driscoll
05-03-2014, 03:16 AM
A very pleasant scene Andrew. It looks like a massive old lava bed. Don might be right about that halo.

Morkel Erasmus
05-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Nice scene and pastel colours here, Andrew. I would like to see a hint more midtone punch overall?