PDA

View Full Version : Willets Mating

Troy Lim
05-01-2014, 06:14 AM
http://www.troylimphotography.com/Nature/ShoreBirds/i-3Gskvgz/0/XL/_TLP5762-copy-XL.jpg

Sorry, I could not help it seeing the expression on her face.
Mating At The Beach
~Don and I went to Ft. Desoto last Saturday. It was crowded with photographers and I attempted to get some pictures of the Reddish Egret. However, it did not stay at one spot for too long. While shooting the black-belllied plover, I got something extra. This is the best shot of the morning trip.
1Dx | 600mm II + 1.4TC III | 1/1600 | f/8 | ISO1000 | Manual

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Excellent image Troy, I like the action, comp and the foliage adds to the image giving a sense of environment!

David Salem
05-02-2014, 12:28 AM
Do you remember the fun lunch we all had after our shoot at Fort Desoto and the talk we had about how birds copulated. Its more like him saying "is it out yet" her oviduct that is.
Besides the title being a little riskay for some, I think it's funny, the shot is awesome. It has everything going for it. Great action, perfect light, great detail and the smooth BG with the weeds in it looks great. One of your best, actually its the best shot I have seen you post. Very well done and congrats on the EP on NS.

Daniel Cadieux
05-02-2014, 05:12 AM
It is an amazing image indeed with great techs, composition, light, subject's poses and angles toward the camera. Considering the audience we have I've gone ahead and changed the title which was, although perhaps acceptable for other outlets, too raunchy for here.

Troy Lim
05-02-2014, 06:29 AM
David,

Thank you. I was working so I could not join the ft. Desoto shoot.

Do you remember the fun lunch we all had after our shoot at Fort Desoto and the talk we had about how birds copulated. Its more like him saying "is it out yet" her oviduct that is.
Besides the title being a little riskay for some, I think it's funny, the shot is awesome. It has everything going for it. Great action, perfect light, great detail and the smooth BG with the weeds in it looks great. One of your best, actually its the best shot I have seen you post. Very well done and congrats on the EP on NS.

Troy Lim
05-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Thank you Daniel. :)

It is an amazing image indeed with great techs, composition, light, subject's poses and angles toward the camera. Considering the audience we have I've gone ahead and changed the title which was, although perhaps acceptable for other outlets, too raunchy for here.

Robert vanMierop
05-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Troy, very nice capture of some TRUE interaction. I like the environment and the slight wing blur of the male. The female, however, does not appear to be so impressed.