PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Bighorn

Steve Canuel
05-17-2008, 12:39 AM
20D, 1-400L @ 400mm, f6.3, 1/320s, ISO 400, -2/3 EC.

Ken Watkins
05-17-2008, 05:30 AM
I like this a lot the pose emphasises the power of the animal. I do not think the background spoils this in anyway, my eyes are drawn to the subject in particular the eyes, the background is after all where it lives.

Van Hilliard
05-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I like this. If this is from your "learning" days, you must be a fast learner. It does a great job of placing the animal in its habitat, the highlights are beautifully controlled and the focus on the animal is good. There is a little conflict with the subject and background but not enough to detract significantly from a really nice effort.

Steve Maxson
05-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Very nice color and light here, Steve - and the sheep isn't bad either. :) The background is very interesting and, IMO, it does compete with the sheep a bit. It causes my eye to wander around - not necessarily a bad thing. I don't think a more blurred background would strengthen the image in this case.

Grady Weed
05-18-2008, 04:51 PM
the underside color of the horns matches the rocks helping him to stand out more. The dull background colors do match the main body and hides him some, which is what he wants to do, blend in. But I don't think it detracts. If shot in RAW, you can warm it up in Digital Pro by changing the color balance to cloudy or flash, then decreasing the effects some to tone it down. Not too bad for what you went through to get it.

Grace Scalzo
05-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I like it as is. Habitat images to me are so interesting....tell more of a story than just the animal alone. Nice eye contact, and a laudable effort with that 10 mile hike!

Robert Amoruso
05-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Steve, I this is underexposed, you did well processing the image. BG works nicely with the ram and I like his pose - very powerful looking.

Alfred Forns
05-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Could have fooled me with the exposure also Steve !!! Don's see noise and dark areas do not show the usual mush appearance .... that is a technical digital term !!!!!

The subject is strong enough to stand well against the bg !!! ...... walked ten miles ..... I think they are were keepers !!!!! :)

Steve Canuel
05-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Thank you all for the comments, opinions, and suggestions.