PDA

View Full Version : Common Merganser with Chicks

Binu John
04-30-2014, 12:02 AM

Canon 1D Mark III + Canon 400mm f/5.6 L
1/2500, f/5.6, ISO 400

Steve Kaluski
04-30-2014, 01:56 AM
Hi Binu, I like the low POV on this one and the pano format. Personally a bit more image to the right might have helped? I'm undecided about the green above and wether it needs to be in or out, although it does give a nice 'splash' of colour within the image. BTW, have you blurred the BKG?

Don't forget, you can post 1200px wide, be nice to see the image larger to appreciate it more. :w3

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
04-30-2014, 10:21 AM
I like the image as presented. It is always easy after the event but I would have sacrificed a little shutter speed for more DOF, I think 1/1600 sec would have possibly rendered the preening chick a little more clearly.

Tobie Schalkwyk
04-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Beautiful as ell as cute, Binu! Sharp with complementing colors overall!

Stu Bowie
04-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Excellent low perspective, and just love the light in this, especially showing up the eye of the chick. You have captured great detail on the head of the Merganser, and the colours look great too. A personal thing, but I would crop away the green on top and create more of a pano crop.

Do we address you as Binu or John? :w3

Bret Goddard
04-30-2014, 03:48 PM
I like it, very nice!

Ian Wilson
04-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Great subject, I like the composition as is but agree that a little more DoF would have been better but then you may not have isolated the birds so well from the background.
Regards, Ian

Binu John
04-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the C&C!

Thanks Steve! No, I haven't blurred the background during PP. Though there was no visible noise in the background as the ISO was 400, I still did a round of NR.

Hi Binu, I like the low POV on this one and the pano format. Personally a bit more image to the right might have helped? I'm undecided about the green above and wether it needs to be in or out, although it does give a nice 'splash' of colour within the image. BTW, have you blurred the BKG?

Don't forget, you can post 1200px wide, be nice to see the image larger to appreciate it more. :w3

TFS
Steve

Binu John
04-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks Stuart! I was not sure whether to keep that green on top or not.

You may address me as Binu. :S3:

Excellent low perspective, and just love the light in this, especially showing up the eye of the chick. You have captured great detail on the head of the Merganser, and the colours look great too. A personal thing, but I would crop away the green on top and create more of a pano crop.

Do we address you as Binu or John? :w3

Cheryl Arena Molennor
05-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Sweet moment captured and a great low angle. I just wish the second chick was in a more favorable pose

Binu John
05-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks Cheryl! I too wish....but that chick was preening until they got far away from where I was shooting.

Sweet moment captured and a great low angle. I just wish the second chick was in a more favorable pose