PDA

View Full Version : Farmer' Market 2

Hazel Grant
04-29-2014, 04:14 AM
I'll try not to overdo this technique (basically the same as Tom at the piano) but I was taking photos at our local farmer's market recently when I got this one. Unfortunately, it is full of noise, partly because of the crop. So I tried filters: topaz simplify and posterization. Got this one.

Dennis Bishop
04-29-2014, 08:15 AM
You mention not overdoing the technique . . . Because my tendency is to have colors more muted, I was surprised at my positive reaction to the vibrancy of the colors in your Tom at the piano image. My response is the same, here -- it's unexpected but I find the colors a real asset. Maybe it's a combination of the range of colors and the amount of posterization. Together, it seems to emphasize the lines and shapes that wouldn't, otherwise, be so apparent.

I like the exchange of the tomato (???) that you captured. I'm not sure what direction it's going, and that might be part of what arrests my attention. It's all very nicely done.

Jackie Schuknecht
04-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Nice processing Hazel. It captures a lot of attention on the exchange of the fruit and money. I think the two hands grasping the fruit is an integral part of the image.

Anita Bower
04-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Great composition. I like the lines of the arms and hands. The bright colors and simple lines give it a happy feel. I think it is fun to explore the potential of a new technique.

Cheryl Slechta
04-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Hazel, I like this one too. Nice bright colors, nice composition. The tomatoes look like they taste great!:S3:

Hazel Grant
04-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks. and yes, Cheryl, the tomatoes were great!