PDA

View Full Version : Farmer's Market

Hazel Grant
04-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Thinking of the flower market photo posted recently, I worked on this catch at the local farmer's market. Maybe faces aren't needed to create a feeling.

Don Railton
04-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Hi Hazel,

This image definitely tells a story, without faces, so I guess you are right, it does create a feeling.. The question I would ask is if this image would tell a stronger story with faces, I think probably yes if the faces compliment the story told with the hands..... Are faces needed always needed, I think no IMHO, but they can help show the emotion of the moment, which may compliment the image.

Thanks for showing

DON

Colin Driscoll
04-29-2014, 04:25 AM
Hazel, nearly but not quite. In this case because of your low angle you could have included the child's face after that arm got out of the way and added to the interest of the shot. In my flower market shot it couldn't be done because I was holding the camera about 8' or so directly overhead. So you and Don are both right depending on the situation.

Hazel Grant
04-29-2014, 10:51 AM
interesting point. thanks

Andrew McLachlan
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Hi Hazel...I am not much of a people / street scene guy but Colin makes a very good suggestion about having the child's face included.

Morkel Erasmus
05-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Hazel, is this a mobile phone image? The image looks very grainy with too smooth details at the same time??
Good framing of the moment...