PDA

View Full Version : Gonubie Rocks

Morkel Erasmus
04-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Just back from a family trip to the Wild Coast town of Gonubie (outskirts of East London). Weather and family schedule only allowed one afternoon session of shooting...:Whoa!:
Light was promising but fizzled out just as it was about to peak with clouds moving over the horizon in the West. This was taken into the East over the Indian Ocean.
Blend of 2 exposures using the grad tool in PS CC.

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 @ 14mm
f16 | ISO-50

Rudi van den Heever
04-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Great work Morkel! Saw your Instagram image from the shoot as well! Like how the lines of the clouds almost mirror the lines of the rocks!

Don Railton
04-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Hi Morkel,

This is great image..! I love the symmetry & perspective, just draws you in.. you have captured nice detail in the rocks and movement in the water.. Sure, more colour would be nice but I would be pretty happy with this one anyway..

DON

Andrew McLachlan
05-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Hi Morkel, very nicely composed...lovely work... I would tone down the brightness of teeny tiny puddle in the center rock cluster a little bit.

Dvir Barkay
05-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Awesome shot, reminds me of my friends Christoph Fischer's work. Overall I like the mood and the skies, especially the distant ones with the color are great. Maybe a bit more distinct foreground would have kicked it up a notch, but still awesome stuff Morkel:cheers:

Morkel Erasmus
06-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Thanks for your kind comments, gents!