PDA

View Full Version : Duck Dynasty

Steve Kaluski
04-26-2014, 04:53 PM
Following I guess, in the wake of the various 'duck' images, of which some have been outstanding, here is another, small offering.

Not the greatest and with limited image area above I had to go for a tighter crop all round. Be interesting to hear the thoughts, as I was very happy that the lens tracked and gave me a sharp head, juxtapose to the moving, blurred wing 'handshake'. Sadly could not get lower, a small bug bear of mine! :bg3:

Just catching up now with a truck load of PP, as all gear is back in with Uncle Canon for a full wash & brush up before the next trip at the end of next month.

Cheers
Steve

Subject: Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/1250s at f/5.6 ISO800 +1 EV Comp ​

Colin Driscoll
04-27-2014, 04:16 AM
I'm not sure about this one Steve, I think you might have needed highr rather than lower to get a bit more head in the shot. Other than that, the pose is really interesting.

Richard Flack
04-27-2014, 05:21 AM
Hi Steve, not sure this one works. Different take on a duck but I would really like to see more of the head.

Marina Scarr
04-27-2014, 09:34 AM
This is actually quite unique and has a lot of interest. My favorite parts are the water drop and the intertwining wingtips! May consider adding a little canvas above if you have it

William Dickson
04-27-2014, 10:08 AM
I like the fact you can see the motion on the wings. The bird looks like it is hugging you :S3:

Daniel Cadieux
04-27-2014, 12:21 PM
It's working for me, I really love the crossed primaries...very cool. Yes to a bit tight above but you have an easy BG to work with should you wish to expand it.

keith mitchell
04-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Steve it's great to see something different, like the way the primaries intertwine giving the image real interest.

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
04-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Hi folks, overall I do feel it's one of those 'marmite' shots, where you love it, or hate it, that simple in my book I guess, but I really wanted feedback on this for direction. The 10 x 8 format kind of worked, but agree, extending the BKG above isn't an issue, however having just process 40 images that cannot have any 'alterations' to them, I guess this fell into the pot/train of thought, but will RP in due course.

Dan, I think I will revert back to a more conventional (for me) 3x2 format, but will see. In honesty this was shot landscape as I was expecting a different behaviour, however this caught me off guard, hence the tightness above, but that's wildlife!

cheers
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
04-27-2014, 03:03 PM
To see the interlocked feathers is a really unusual thing, a different shot, but I suspect I might have preferred one with the wings outstretched.

Tim King
04-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Love how the primaries interlock. Fantastic timing.

Andreas Liedmann
04-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Hey Steve, just simply working as presented, for me.
Why can`t you get lower ? Old brit ? :bg3:

TFS Andreas

Binu John
04-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Nice and unique pose! Well timed capture! TFS