PDA

View Full Version : Orange Tip

John Robinson
04-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Essentially British !! Orange Tip on Bluebell. Everything is early this year and I reckon we will pay for it !!
I don,t use the 150 macro that often- never really got on with it.
Nikon D7000
Sigma 150mm macro.
500 ISO 200th sec F16
Tripod
Slight crop.
Levels PSP7
Thanks for interest in last pic
Cheers
JohnR

Steve Maxson
04-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi John. This one's a beauty! Vivid colors, nice light, excellent sharpness where you most need it, a pleasing background, good comp, and good detail in the whites. The only, very minor, thing I would suggest changing would be to clone the bit of sepal (or leaf?) that crosses the stem at the very bottom of the frame. :S3: This is very well done!

John Robinson
04-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks Steve
The macro section seems to be dying. What do you reckon could be done to get more interest ?
Cheers
John

Jonathan Ashton
04-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Lovely shot John everything spot on (except for my interpretation of your colours which look a little rich - again that's just me).
I think the detail is absolutely top notch - I would get used to that lens if I were you ( I filed tested it when it first came out and it is just about as good as any on the market).
There are a few orange tips about but I have not found any to photograph just yet - maybe tomorrow I have found a "new wildflower meadow with quite a bit of cuckoo flower/ladysmock in it.
Regards macro section now the butterflies are arriving along with flowers I think it will pick up - hey the dragons and damsels will be here in no time! I will be surprised if submission don't pick up soon.