PDA

View Full Version : Red-winged Blackbird.

Karl Egressy
04-26-2014, 08:56 AM
This individual is a first spring/summer male.
He will have the breeding plumage next year.
Actually I like this plumage.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 5DM3
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS II +1.4x III
ISO 400
1/1000 s
f 7.1
HH

Marina Scarr
04-26-2014, 09:27 AM
His plumage goes great with the BG and perch and I love that calling pose. Here's another crop option for you to consider. It removes the offending twigs, brings the image in a little tighter while putting the bird in the top left third of the frame. Not conventional maybe...but I rather like it. The color palette here is jut awesome!

Karl Egressy
04-26-2014, 10:47 AM
His plumage goes great with the BG and perch and I love that calling pose. Here's another crop option for you to consider. It removes the offending twigs, brings the image in a little tighter while putting the bird in the top left third of the frame. Not conventional maybe...but I rather like it. The color palette here is jut awesome!

Excellent option Marina. I like it, thanks.

keith mitchell
04-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Karl the singing pose makes this for me, agree with Marina re the crop and also (The color palette here is jut awesome!) very nice piece of work.

Daniel Cadieux
04-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Love the pose and the double cattail perch. Nice details. I like the repost but I also like the OP (just those two dark oof twigs at right to remove)

Steve Kaluski
04-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Gorgeous Karl, both have merits, however I prefer the OP if you just blend those twigs out giving more room to look into.

TFS
Steve

Arthur Morris
04-26-2014, 12:17 PM
I like the light, both crops, and the singing pose. Bummer that the cattails got under the wing and pushed it up a bit unnaturally.... And yes of course to losing the twigs in the OP.

Joseph Przybyla
04-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Beautiful Karl, I like the light and soft tones. Great composition.

Binu John
04-29-2014, 01:00 PM
Beautiful shot! I like both crops, but prefer the crop in the OP. I would clone out that OOF twigs. Love that singing pose, background, perch, OOF cattails and light!