PDA

View Full Version : Jenny in Puddle

John Robinson
04-25-2014, 07:44 AM
Wren
These little so and so,s can be a pain. They certainly dont hang about. Interestingly- being distantly related to Dippers, they often feed in water. This one would come to the puddle and catch water insects- especially rat tailed maggots (hoverfly larvae).
This one shows the way the light changes evry minute and where this almost sepia effect came from I have no idea. It was almost as if to match the bird.
Lot of chuckouts here as I tried a smaller aperture to get that perky little tail in focus and so lost the speed.
Thanks for looking.
Nikon D7100
Sigma 100-300
f10 @80th sec
70% of frame.
PSP7curves/neat image/Image guru
CZM of high pass sharpening.
Couple of background blobs removed.
Cheers
John

Mike Tracy
04-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Pretty colors through out. With the ripples and pebbles setting a scene of serenity I would have gotten a little lower if possible and included more of the scene.

arash_hazeghi
04-25-2014, 08:24 AM
cute little fellow! sharp details. I may cool down the WE a bit. I agree with Mike regarding lower shooting angle, also to eliminate the oof stuff in the lower right corner

TFS

Karl Egressy
04-25-2014, 08:55 AM
Nice and sharp despite the slow shutter speed. Excellent pose and nice complimenting colors in the water, John.

John Robinson
04-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Thanks both
I can't lower the shooting angle as I have mentioned before its a permanent hide and would need a complete re build. The bird being a bit nearer has accentuated the angle maybe. Will sort out the lower right corner.
Aresh- what is WE ? Sorry to appear stupid !!
Thanks again.
John

Binu John
04-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Excellent shot with a lot of details! I like the composition, HA, background and the pose!

John Robinson
04-26-2014, 06:11 AM
Here,s a repost with the bottom right removed and highlights toned down if that,s what Aresh meant. Cheers
John

arash_hazeghi
04-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Hi John, sorry for the typo, I meant white balance. cloning out the oof stuff was an improvement,