PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy

Vida van der Walt
04-25-2014, 04:42 AM
A 4mm jumping spider from the Rhene genus.
My first image in a very long time on this site. I have been busy searching for and photographing the different South African Salticidae (jumping spiders) for the last year and a half.
They are such amazing little creatures! To see the many species I've photographed so far, see my new website : www.jumpingspiders.co.za (http://www.jumpingspiders.co.za)
It would be great if you can sign the guestbook on my website if you visit.

John Robinson
04-25-2014, 07:23 AM
What an amazing image ! I just love it. The low angle makesit and those eyes !!!
Brilliant stuff. We have a few of these but can't get near them-never mind get one to sit there and look at you like this !
Well done.
John
PS Some camera techs would be useful.

shane shacaluga
04-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Very nice image. Reminds me of Animal from the Muppet Show. Nice details and light was well diffused. Like the BG too

TFS

Vida van der Walt
04-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Thank you John and Shane! I'm sorry, I completely forgot to add the techs. Camera: Canon 60D, Lens: MP E 65mm, Flash: MT 24ex. 5 frames, handheld, focus stack. f11; 1/250; 160.
I so wish this website was retina ready!

Jonathan Ashton
04-26-2014, 05:40 AM
Outstanding, super pose and angle wonderful details, I am not always too keen on stacking but I certainly like this one.

Steve Maxson
04-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Hi Vida. It's great to see you back here in Macro! The image is outstanding in all respects! I'm impressed that you were able to to a 5-shot stack (handheld!) with the MP-E lens. It's often challenging just to get one quality shot with this setup. :S3:

Jason Stander
04-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Just perfect!!!!!:w3