View Full Version : Willow Warbler

William Dickson
04-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Canon 5D Mkiii
Canon F/2.8 300mm with 1x4 TCiii
f/5.6
1/1600
ISO 800

I was walking in a wooded area this evening when I came across this little guy. The bird was very difficult to capture as he was hopping about in the tree and my vision was obscured by newly growing spring leaves. Anyway, I managed to capture this shot. Thanks for having a look.

Any advice, as always, greatly appreciated.

John Robinson
04-24-2014, 06:10 PM
Yours look ahead of ours down here ! Good toget one with food too. Maybe lift the dark head a bit if poss. Nice background too.
Cheers
John

Binu John
04-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Very nice shot of this little guy! The wasp in its beak is a bonus! Agree with the above comment about brightening the head a bit more!

Ian Wilson
04-25-2014, 03:14 AM
Nice one William. I agree with others regarding the brightness of the head. I also found the complex eye reflection a little odd, natural though it is. I wonder if reducing the brightness of one of the highlights would improve matters?
Cheers, Ian

Daniel Cadieux
04-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Really neat little bird here, and the prey item is a good bonus. Nice fresh foliage and beautiful BG. A better pose would have been nice (not crazy about the turned tail) and the shadows on the subject are too bad. Head seems soft, but these guys, if anything like our little songbirds, can be a challenge to get a good clear photo of!

Stu Bowie
04-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Hi William, good feather detail on the wings, and agree to tidy up the eye and lighten the head. I do like the colourful distant BG, and his catch of buzzy bee a bonus.