PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Tulip Leaf.

Daniel Cadieux
04-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Walking around the front yard garden checking out the sprouting vegetation I noticed that the sun was shining through the leaves in a most appealing way. What we are looking at here is straight down a three inch tall spiraling tulip leaf with the sunrays seeping through the leaf wall creating a neat glowing mood to it.

Canon 7D + 100mm f2.8 macro, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/250s., f/4.5, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, FF, NR applied to the image.

John Robinson
04-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Hi Daniel
Certainly an eye grabber !! Have to say though I reckon its more of an "arty" shot than a macro. Not that there's. much interest in the macro area at the moment.
john

Jonathan Ashton
04-23-2014, 05:53 AM
I like the pattern and the colours, the soft edges are appealing.

Randy Stout
04-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Daniel:

Colors are great, the spiral and lighting works well. I wish there was more sharpness in the center of the spiral to act as a visual destination for the image.

Cheers

Randy

Hazel Grant
04-24-2014, 05:27 PM
yes, does look at first as if it belongs in OOTB forum. But there is not a lot of post production, just mostly pure photo...nice catch. Maybe a bit of sharpness in the center would help, but a nice catch of the color.

Vida van der Walt
04-25-2014, 04:47 AM
Beautiful image Daniel! Very artistic.:S3:

Steve Maxson
04-25-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi Daniel. This is a very cool abstract shot with very interesting lighting! There is just enough sharpness in the spiral to catch my eye - and lead it into the center of the flower. Nicely seen and captured!

Gabriela Plesea
05-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Superb capture Daniel and I love your processing here, very subtle. Your image makes me realise how difficult it is to imitate nature, the colour green here is amazing in all those shades!

You have an eye for beauty - I might have told you this before but once again, such a pleasant surprise to see something different and so special from you, this time in Macro-thank you!

Warmest regards,

Saurabh Singh
06-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Excellent Daniel ,

Love the soft quality of light and the muted green colors. Composition and leading spirals draw me in :S3:

Regards
Saurabh