PDA

View Full Version : Playfighting Elephants

Andreas Liedmann
04-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Elephants are on the run at least in my machine……
Took this image in Etosha close to Chudop in very late evening light , These two guys has been fighting for quite some time , chasing each other over and around the large clearing between Chudop and Namoutoni.
Was fun watch , they came very close to my car , i felt uncomfortable at times so i moved the car out of their way.

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L
Beanbag on car window

F 8 ; Iso 3200 ; 1/ 800sec

Full frame

Processed in PhotoNinja and PS CC ; removed some droppings and very light stones in FG. NR to BKG.

C&C as always very much welcome.

Cheers Andreas

keith mitchell
04-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Andreas wise move on your part with these Beasts being so close, never seen these animals in the wild so it's hard for me to critique,but looks like you certainly caught the action, must be a real thrill.

Rachel Hollander
04-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Hi Andreas - I would not want to get in their way at all. Nice golden light and the kicked up dirt adds a great deal. You've brought out good textures on the ellies too.

TFS,
Rachel

Loi Nguyen
04-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Andreas, love it. The kicked up dirt conveys the action, the expression on the ele at right seems to indicate this is not serious. A little more room on the left would have been good, but no deal breaker since that part is dark. Loi

Sid Garige
04-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Andreas,

love it. Excellent time, action and techs. Beautiful light too. Excellent image.
-Sid

Steve Kaluski
04-22-2014, 02:08 AM
Hi Andreas, would echo Sid's feedback. :cheers:

BTW, is this image Deja Vu? :w3

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
04-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks to all of you who stopped by and gave me such good comments fro this frame, makes me happy ………………:cheers:.
Cheers Andreas

Steve - BTW, Deja Vu ? Do not understand the context , have i posted this before ? If so , sorry . But i think i had posted a different frame of this sequence , but not sure.

Thinus Schoeman
04-23-2014, 12:26 AM
Hi Andreas, great textures and contrast in sweet light. As mentioned, a little bit more room on the left and right would imo have been better, but it not big deal. Well captured!

edwardselfe
04-24-2014, 06:52 AM
Fantastic action. For me, the blacks are just a little choked up. But that might be my personal feeling - I would lift blacks a lot and then darken shadow slider to compensate.
Ed

Marc Mol
04-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Much prefer this colour version here Andreas for the simple reason of the nice evening light :cheers:

Andreas Liedmann
04-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks Thinus, Ed and Marc for your thoughts and suggestions

Morkel Erasmus
04-29-2014, 07:34 AM
Love this Andreas! Dust, light, action... :5
Can't think of a better spot in Etosha to witness this - open space, close to the gate at last light...

Gabriela Plesea
05-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Hello Andreas,

Sorry to comment so late, started at the top of the page yesterday and now working my way down:tinysmile_shy_t:. This is one great sighting and you have captured action beautifully, love to see the expression on both subjects' faces, the light is just beautiful and the framing is perfect (is it full frame, by the way?). Love the landscape behind the ellies and the dust a great bonus, great work Andreas!

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
05-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks Morkel and Gabriela for your comments.
Gabriela yes FF as stated in the intro :w3.

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
05-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Thank you Andreas!

Have a lovely week-end!

Kind regards,