PDA

View Full Version : I Am Beautiful

Don Lacy
04-21-2014, 12:47 PM
I love the breeding colors of Reddish Egrets and is why I always try to get to Ft Desoto in April so I can get a chance at these guys at their best. I took this image on a Saturday morning and there most have been 20 plus photographers at North Beach who seemed more interested in talking and hanging out then in finding images as I sat on this guy with one other photographer for 15 minutes taking head shots waiting for the one image that would be different which I got when he yawned.

1DMKIII, 500 f/4+ 1.4TC, 1,1250s at f/8, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 400, Tripod, Small Crop for composition and cloned out a darker area in the URC

Thinus Schoeman
04-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi Don, this is a super image with fantastic detail and colours. I like the composition just as it is. I am in two minds about the exposure. In my opinion, bringing the exposure down by just a tiny bit may have worked better, but I may be wrong. Overall, congratulations, and well captured!
Thinus

Stu Bowie
04-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi Don, excellent detail in this, together with the striking colours of the beak. Well timed to show the tongue, and I really like the softer two tone colours of the BG. Great HA too.

Joseph Przybyla
04-21-2014, 03:30 PM
As one would say... picture perfect. Nice colors, detail and background. I know this bird well, whenever I go to Ft. Desoto it is a cherished friend I look for.

Daniel Cadieux
04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Hay Don, love that yawning pose and especially the tip of the tongue sticking out!. I like that the BG is transitioning to blue at very top and for that reason I wonder if you have a bit more room up there (and at left to retain the aspect ratio)? This image is making me want to go back there...its been too long...

Robert Kimbrell
04-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Nice Don, Love the details, light, background, and of course that beautiful bird.

Diane Miller
04-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Gorgeous, and stunning detail! Amazing he sat still that long. The only time I was there, I found him just as he danced away, not to return until I gave up.

Marina Scarr
04-22-2014, 07:54 AM
This is truly a spectacular image, Don. Love the behavior and your PP is just outstanding. AGree on a tad more above. Congrats on this one!

Raybel Robles
04-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Amazing image! I just saw my first Reddish Egret here where I live in the Cayman Islands (last time I saw one was a year ago), it was a white phase one and nothing similar to this one, which is a beautiful bird and photo!

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-23-2014, 01:37 AM
Super image. Love the pose and the detail!

Lorant Voros
04-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Fantastic image! Detail, IQ, colors and PP all perfect. And the open beak is bonus here. Well done.

Frank Schauf
04-24-2014, 01:50 AM
Beautiful portrait, great details and sharpness.