PDA

View Full Version : Seagrape in the Sand

Harold Davis
05-16-2008, 07:07 PM
not much action on the beach as far as birds, so i decided to try some different stuff. i have a few different compositions of this that my wife and i are debating (fighting) about. i liked this one best. what do you think?

D300, 18-200VR at 27mm, f/9, 1/80s, 0EV, ISO 400 with circular polarizar (unbeknowingly)!!

comments and critiques are appreciated

Gus Cobos
05-16-2008, 07:46 PM
I like it Harold...:D

Robert O'Toole
05-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Cool harold I love it, great job getting the camera sensor so flat. Light is really nice also.

I like all the patterns but I would like to see a little more leaf and a little less sand.

Robert

Ramon M. Casares
05-16-2008, 08:39 PM
I think it looks just perfect as is, the light is great because it increases the textures, and the compostion is ideal, because it lets the viewer see all the way of the trace, very nice!!! Congratulations!

Susan Griffith
05-16-2008, 09:07 PM
I love the way you can see the subtle ways in which the water has sculped the sand around the sea grape. I really do like the composition.

-Susan

Julie Kenward
05-16-2008, 09:18 PM
This is really nice, Harold. Have you thought about rotating the image just a bit so the surf runs towards the upper right corner? I'm thinking it might draw the eye through from the one corner to the other. ???

John Cooper
05-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Yes Harold the composition works for me - excellent detail and good placement of the leaf on the ROT. Well seen!!

Roman Kurywczak
05-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi Harold,
You know how much I love that crop tool :D! It was my original thought.......and then some of the comments (Robert's especially) got me thinking........so I placed the leaf almost perfectly in the ROT by cropping right and top...........minor cleanup of a few bright sand pieces........and a small application of local contrast enhancement...........USM......amount 20.....radius 26......threshold 0. Now we have emphasis on the leaf! ...........but very nice vision in the original!
Let me know what you think.

Harold Davis
05-18-2008, 04:28 AM
i like that one too!! i also have that compo in full frame as well as one like julie suggested where it flows diagonally from one corner to the opposite. may post those later. thanks!!!