PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly at rest.

Satish Ranadive
04-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Image was created in the last the week. Basic editing, cropped and sharpened.NR applied to BG.

ISO: 400, 1/800 @ F: 6.3 Manual. Pattern metering. Manual settings.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

John Robinson
04-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Hi Satish
Lovely looking creature indeed. Ours are just starting to appear. Pity about the worn bits on the left wing. Could probably reduce them a litle with a "salt and pepper" filter. You could clone them out manually of course if you have three weeks to spare.!!!
It would be nice to have a tiny bit more canvas on the bottom in my humble opinion but no big deal.
Cheers
John

Jonathan Ashton
04-20-2014, 06:32 AM
So close yet just a tad away, the butterfly appears just a little bit soft - the antennae tips look fine, I think a little more sharpening on the butterfly would help, also you may wish to consider re-cropping to make the composition more diagonal.

Satish Ranadive
04-20-2014, 07:23 AM
Thank you John and Jonathan for feed back.
John, I will try to take care about worn bits.
Jonathan, Sure I will recompose as suggested by you. It never occurred to my mind.

Regards,
Satish.

Steve Maxson
04-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Hi Satish. This is a cool looking butterfly! Overall, this is nicely done, and the background is excellent, but a few tweaks would make the image even better. I like the suggestions by John and Jon. The bright light is really emphasizing the light worn spots on the wings - if this was mine, I would spend some time carefully cloning some of those to give the butterfly a more pristine look. A more diagonal comp would be an improvement if you have the room and you might try some selective sharpening around the wing tips where they are starting to go a bit soft. :S3: