PDA

View Full Version : Lights On!

Randall Farhy
04-18-2014, 07:10 AM
When the lights come on at Wall Stadium Speedway, it's a signal that the evening's racing action is about to begin. Here, the Modified division lines up for a round of qualifying as the sun sets and the crowd starts to fill the stands.

Topaz Clarity, BW effects2, Adjust. A modified Shadow House cloud texture was used to add texture and darken the sky. C&C welcome and appreciated.

Cheryl Slechta
04-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Nice action shot, Randall, and I think the "grittiness" goes with the subject. I would like to see the yellow flag just a little more prominent in the scene - it is kind of lost in front of the starter's shirt.

Anita Bower
04-19-2014, 04:19 AM
Love it! The bright colors, the dark lines and the composition all create a feel of action. I agree with Cheryl about the yellow flag. I especially like the reflection of the sunset on the building.

Hazel Grant
04-19-2014, 03:22 PM
almost hdr effect....well done. Nothing to add to comments above except that I like it. This is my favorite time of day whether at a race or wherever....just before the sun says, goodnight. and yet the colors still pop from the sunset.

Randall Farhy
04-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Cheryl, Anita Hazel-Thanks! Here's the RP with work on the flag as suggested. I also desaturated the checkered border on the building and included a rendition from 2013 (a simple Topaz HDR preset blended and masked to the image area below the building.).

Cheryl Slechta
04-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Repost looks good, Randall:S3:

Anita Bower
04-21-2014, 11:02 AM
I don't see much difference between the repost and OP. I like both.

Diane Miller
04-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Gives new meaning to the term electric lights!! Love it!

Dennis Bishop
04-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Nice work. This really catches the excitement. I like your logo a lot, too. It fits the subject very well.

Randall Farhy
04-24-2014, 07:35 AM
Thanks! Dennis & Diane, good to see you back! The racing action at my favorite track is about to begin, so I'll be doing more lurking than posting going forward -but I will try to participate with images at least once a week.