PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-throated Warbler

Bill Dix
04-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Last week I was bemoaning the departure of most of the overwintering waterfowl. But this week it seems that the early warbler migrants are starting to trickle in. This one is a bit of a rarity in this area. I found him thanks to a tip from the local listserv, and was pleased to get a few frames. He's interesting to watch, sometimes acting like a Nuthatch, sometimes like a B&W Warbler, sometimes like a GC Kinglet. But his signature yellow throat sets him apart from those. Normal levels adjustment, NR, USM, plus the removal of part of a branch. C&C always appreciated.

D7000, 700mm, ISO 800, 1/2500s @ f/7.1 manual.

Tim Harding
04-17-2014, 06:50 PM
A really nice image, Bill. The calling pose is great and you captured the colours beautifully. I might have lightened up the shadows on the branch and belly but that's just me. Great job.

Holger Leyrer
04-18-2014, 02:19 AM
Nice singing pose. The light was not your friend but congratulation to this rarity. I agree with Tim to lightened up the shadows on the branch and belly

Satish Ranadive
04-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Spectacular image Bill Sir.
Love the pose with open beak, yellow throat, magical colour pallet, beautiful BG and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Bill Dix
04-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys. I agree with the critiques. I wish I had found this little guy sooner, before the light got harsh. I did lighten the belly and branch before posting, but perhaps I didn't go far enough. I don't mind the branch too much, but I think I'll go back and dodge the belly some more.