PDA

View Full Version : Thirst of a Kudu

Morkel Erasmus
04-17-2014, 03:44 PM
I am heading off on some family time at the coast for a week or so. Catch you all on the flipside! :t3

This Greater Kudu cow was photographed in Etosha last year, at the crack of dawn.
As usual with antelopes, she was weary of possible danger approaching...

Techs:
Nikon D3s
Nikkor 500mm f4 VR-II
f4.0 | 1/320 SS | ISO-1000
Pretty much full frame...

Gabriela Plesea
04-17-2014, 04:33 PM
A beauty, Morkel! Taken in lovely light, sweet pose, love the water droplets. Nice and sharp where it counts, as always, thoughtful processing and presentation.

Just thought I'd thank you again for being a friend and helping out with my pics whenever you can - I really appreciate it. As well as for giving me an honest crit always.

Hope you have a great time with the family, relax and enjoy, wishing you Happy Easter and a wonderful week-end!

Warmest regards,

Colin Driscoll
04-17-2014, 04:53 PM
No such thing as a peaceful morning out there what with a lot of critters wanting to eat you. Lovely capture Morkel.

Rachel Hollander
04-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi Morkel - simple, but elegant image in beautiful light. Have a great holiday.

TFS,
Rachel

Loi Nguyen
04-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Hi Morkel, beautiful light, love the colors. i find the crop a bit tight all around, but I suspect you don't have room? Have a great time with the family! Loi

Andreas Liedmann
04-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Hi Morkel,
agree with Rachel naming this an "elegant" image. A good wording for this lovely Etosha shot of this antelope .
Love the colors and contrast , reflecting very well what i have in my mind about this place.The water droplets are a nice touch in the frame.
Good work in the field and in PP .

Have fun on the coast , cheers Andreas