PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Behind the Scenes

Cheryl Slechta
04-17-2014, 10:43 AM
This was taken at last year's Photowalk also. We were privileged to get a "behind the scenes" tour of the Hippodrome Theatre and this was shot in the hall between the wardrobe rooms with my hair spray lens. I desaturated in PS CC.

Kerry Perkins
04-17-2014, 10:54 AM
That's very cool! I love these hairspray images, and you might have a product idea with that filter. :c3: I know some portrait photographers have used Vaseline on glass filters in the past for soft focus too. That bodice (?) really reminds me of what my niece is wearing in that image I posted. This image has a timeless quality.

Anita Bower
04-18-2014, 06:34 AM
I think your hairspray lens cover worked really well here. That, plus the desaturation, gives it an old look. I like the colors you came up with--warm and cool. I also like the angled horizontal lines and the straight vertical ones.

Randall Farhy
04-18-2014, 07:43 AM
Agree with Kerry and Anita-this has the feel of an old newsprint photo with a subdued touch of color. The composition is strong with the wall trim acting as a T-square, anchoring and adding perspective to the squarish crop.

Dennis Bishop
04-23-2014, 04:14 PM
I really like your composition, the effect produced by your hairspray filter, and the combination of the mannequin and the hangings on the wall. It's good when an image has an impact that's more than visual, and this one has succeeded on two more. For longer than I care to admit, I've been wanting to try something akin to your hairspray. Seeing some of your earlier images actually made me put it in my camera bag. Now, the next time I photograph something, I'm going to try it out. Thanks for the inspiration. In addition, two things about your image made me want to learn more about the theatre. I was curious about its age and why the word, zombie, was on the wall. It was an enjoyable excursion.