PDA

View Full Version : Arn't I Handsome

Neil Nourse
04-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Spent a little time in the marsh this morning. This guy swam past me before good light and a little while later he came back. Ended up so close i had to hurry and take the 1.4 off. 1DMKIV,500mm, f7@ 1/500 ISO 1600, Almost FF LR5, CS6 darkend a few of the bright cattails, NR background only, smart sharpen. Chest waders with Wimberley Gimbal mounted on floating platform full camo.
TFL, C&C welcomed

Randy Stout
04-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Neil:

Excellent shooting angle (low), sense of texture in feathers, esp. breast, well exposed and sharp.

A bit too big in the frame for my personal taste.

Excellent eye.

Do you have any snaps of your floating camera rig?

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
04-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Sweet. Yes, a little tight in the frame for me, but otherwise no nits. Good think you were able to take off the TC in time. Beautiful bird, beautiful shot.

Lorant Voros
04-17-2014, 04:08 PM
I guess your title is a question....very handsome. Beautiful colors and nice low angle shooting. I agree with the comments above regarding the tight frame and I would also love to see how your floating hide system works. Great work, Neil!

Terry Johnson
04-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Wonderful shooting angle. Very handsome indeed, however, he must be hen-pecked as his breast looks like it has been chewed on...Terry

Neil Nourse
04-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the comments. I too wish I had more room in the frame. After a slight leveling crop this is about all had left. I had a large clump of cat tails behind me so I couldn't back up. Away for the Easter weekend but will try to get a picture of my platform when I get back.