PDA

View Full Version : Which flash bracket system to go with?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
04-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Besides my nature and wildlife I also do some pro shoots for people and have a shoot coming up in June. It is a bodybuilding show that I will be doing for the second year now. Last year I had some issues mainly with my flash bracket set up. My problem was that I was using a Manfrotto Ball head tripod and a quick flip Stroboframe bracket for my flash. The shoot requires me to flip from Horizontal to Vertical all thru the night. My lens has no tripod collar so I can't just twist the lens and body for vertical like I can with my large lenses. Therefore I needed to flip the ball head which obviously changes the placement of the camera body and I was constantly re -framing the subjects. I just looked up the new stroboframe Pro RL and am asking if anyone is familiar with it?. I will be using my MIV body and a Sigma 24-70 2.8 lens. I plan to mount the system to my Wimberley gimbal head and this seems like the solution for me. The only issue I have found is that the anti twist plate does not seem compatible with the MIV as it was not on the compatible list. Also would I use the mounting plate I use on my camera body to attach the system to the tripod? Any input will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Cheryl Arena Molennor
04-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi Cheryl,
Have you looked at/considered this: http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9363/.f
Hi Peter and thanks for the response and the link. I just ordered a system from Custom Brackets. Should arrive soon and my fingers are crossed.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
05-01-2014, 06:40 PM
I received my Custom Bracket system designed for tripod use. I am very impressed. It is very well built solid and works great. I highly recommend it