PDA

View Full Version : Three Rondavels

Peter Kes
04-12-2014, 03:32 AM
From my last trip in South Africa. Mandatory stop on the way from Kruger to Johannesburg is a quick visit to the Blyde River Canyon. Here a wider view on the Three Rondavels. A rondavel is an african style hut: these three peaks resemble them nicely, hence their name.

1DX, 24-105mm @ 24mm, 1/200, f/8, ISO 400.
Three image bracket (-1,0,1) converted in Photomatix.

Don Railton
04-12-2014, 05:40 AM
Hi Peter.

I remember someone else posting a shot from this location. Is it taken at a popular scenic lookout point? Anyhow, I like your shot, it has good definition and tones and shows the Rondavels off nicely. I don't have any suggestions to improve however..

Regards
Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew McLachlan
04-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Hi Peter, love the view and the B&W conversion works well too...my preference would be for a bit more contrast in the scene but that is just how I like my B&Ws. Nice work!

Dave Mills
04-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Agree with Andrew regarding the contrast adj. Thats the first thing I saw when looking at the scene. The bush on the lower rt is grabbing my attention. In this case I would have liked to see more foreground or none at all...

Morkel Erasmus
04-17-2014, 04:54 AM
Classic view here Peter! I'd go for more tonal contrast here, especially given your moody sky - deeper blacks and brighter whites...it's a bit too grey for me.
Don, there are various popular viewpoints over this lovely canyon. This looks to be from the main viewpoint...