PDA

View Full Version : Dipper & nesting material

Jonathan Ashton
04-10-2014, 04:54 AM
Tripod Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS & 1,4 TC ISO 800 manual mode 1/640 sec f5.6.
I returned to the nesting site yesterday, the pair were still busy collecting material for the nest. Disaster struck while I was there, one bird took more moss to the nest and spent some time there, when it flew away the nest slipped off the beam that was supporting the bridge, it fell into the river. The bird landed on a nearby stone and looked to the nest site, it seemed to shrug its shoulders and called to it's mate. the mate gave it a good telling off then they both simply started all over again collecting more material. I will return this afternoon to see what progress they have made. Presumably the female would be very close to laying egger by now, I don't know if the species is capable of delaying egg laying - I will keep you posted.
All C&C welcome.

Karl Egressy
04-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Excellent exposure control great detail in both white and dark (except the shadowy part) nice pose and nice catch one with nesting material, Jon.
Some of the dark spots could be brightened or blended in with the rest of the background by cloning. It would increase the visual impact IMO.

Ellie Hey
04-10-2014, 08:06 AM
A great behavioural composition with excellent detail and exposure. The dark patch LHS does draw the eye a little but easily remedied.

Raybel Robles
04-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Beautiful image! I love how sharp and full of details the head and the grass is. I agree with Ellie that the dark patch is a bit distracting but it is fixable. Overall a very nice image!

Satish Ranadive
04-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Excellent image of dipper with nesting material.Nice water and rock in the frame.
Wish to see them with their babies.

Regards,
Satish.