PDA

View Full Version : Snake's head fritillary

Jonathan Ashton
04-10-2014, 04:48 AM
Tripod Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro & polariser ISO 200 +0.3 Av mode 1/200 sec f4.
Finding the ideal angle and getting there is tricky, usually there are other plants in the way, this plant was growing in an area of my back lawn where the grass is not mown until later in the year.
Al C&C welcome.

Nancy Bell
04-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Lovely saturated colors that make a strong visual impact! Very nice composition with the single dropping flower and the few blades of grass in the foreground fading to grass shapes and a total soft blur behind the flower. If you do any cloning, you might consider removing that broken, crooked bit of leaf on the far left edge. You could also tone down/clone away that horizontal OOF green grass coming in from the right edge about 1/4 of the way up. These are just little issues.

Steve Maxson
04-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Hi Jon. Beautiful light and colors, good job of getting all the important elements sharp at f/4, and a pleasing comp. Nancy suggested a couple minor tweaks that you might consider, but this is very nicely done!

Valerio Tarone
04-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Hi Jon,lovely flower! that I scarcely see. I agree with Nancy's issues.

Jerry van Dijk
04-13-2014, 12:26 PM
HI John, I just love these flowers, and you did a very nice job at capturing the details and colors on this one. The light (early morning I guess?) is lovely and really compliments the fragility of the flower. I do think that the leaf on the left is a bit too close to the edge of the frame, and I would have gotten the OOF vertical life in the foreground out of the way before shooting. I find that many leaves can be gently bowed or flattened without breaking them and having just enought time to get the shot before they bow back up again.