PDA

View Full Version : Bank Voles

John Robinson
04-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Not very spectacular I,m affraid but a rare grab for anyone who has tried to do these in the wild. They turned up at the rear of my bird bathing pool. very nervous and a lot of binning resulted. They are about 2 inches in length.
D7100
Nikor 70-300
1000 ISO
125th second @f9
60% of full frame
One or two white bird droppings removed.
PP
Neat Image/Image Guru/ CZM
PSPro7 /curves.

Steve Canuel
04-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Neat shot John. Nice poses by the two, some good habitat/surroundings, and good to see them in a photo not being eaten by something else.

Don Railton
04-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Hi John,

I like this, nice complimentary colour and they are sharp and nicely posed. there is a bit of magenta in the white, not sure if that's real or not...

regards

DON

Marc Mol
04-09-2014, 03:22 AM
Love the detail you've extracted with the 70-300VR John, the symmetry pose is very pleasing too, with good overall colour, the magenta could be as is?
Perhaps a touch of NR on BG would benefit.

Morkel Erasmus
04-09-2014, 04:34 AM
Your choice of aperture worked well here to get both nice and sharp, John.
I too see an overtly red and magenta cast throughout the image.
I tried a repost with some of the red, magenta and green taken out, with some added midtone contrast to the voles. What do you think?

John Robinson
04-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Thanks all
Morkel- Thanks I did a dropper on the whites and they were all coming out pretty even 0n my set up so I'll take your word for it !;
I honestly cannot see much difference in the two posts but I do have a problem with colour. Thats why I have usually been reluctant to post anything.I am slightly red green colour blind so maybe thats it. Thanks for your help
John

Neil Burton
04-10-2014, 03:15 AM
Touch more green in the reds John, slight less eye watering ;) Well done to get two sharp, **** of a lot of DOF, I know I have tried.