PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife Image of the Week for the week ending Feb 28th, 2014: Andreas Liedman - Just got fed by mummy !!

Daniel Cadieux
04-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Congratulations Andreas!

Hi folks,
Morkel reminded me of my experience with a Cape Fox family i had back in 2005 in Kgalagadi Transfrontierpark in SA.
I watched them for 3 days from time to time, just out of Nossob Camp.
Light wise location was not that good , the whole day there was either back or side light, the youngsters did not move far away from the den while mummy was away for getting food.The other problem was the location , partly hidden by shrub.If there has been other cars around, not possible to move.
So from time to time you could see them racing through the shrub and then disappearing in the same.

In this case i got some luck, the mother got back with a mouse and gave it to this youngster , who immediately raced into the den.

IQ is not as good as today, due to technical equipment and camera settings i used.But hey that could happen.

Canon EOS 1D MK II
EF 500 is L + 1,4 TC (version 1)
beanbag on car window

F 5,6 ; Iso 100 ; 1/500 sec

Hi Steve processed with PhotoNinja and PS CC. cropped for comp, do not ask to go tighter, IQ does not allow it.

C&C welcome as always and appreciated.

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Well done Andreas. :cheers:

Rachel Hollander
04-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Congrats Andreas!

Marina Scarr
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Congratulations on an amazing photo, and obviously not an easy lighting situation.

Gabriela Plesea
04-16-2014, 06:33 AM
Congratulations Andreas, hope you have more sightings like this in October:w3

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
04-20-2014, 05:19 AM
Thanks Steve , Rachel, Marina and Gabriela for your congrats .
Gabriela we will see………. hoping for more like this.

Cheers Andreas

Diane Miller
05-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Yummy! Congratulations!