PDA

View Full Version : Painted Titmouse

Kerry Perkins
04-07-2014, 10:33 AM
I had this image of an Oak Titmouse, which I have posted previously with an Oil Paint treatment in PS. However, since I have learned how to paint in PS I took another pass at this image and here is the result. Two textures added as a final touch. Three mixer brushes used, one for the background and two on the bird and faucet.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
04-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Kerry,

Greetings. Seems like you are really hitting your stride with the painting. I really like the balance between the painterly and photographic detail. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Nancy Bell
04-07-2014, 12:55 PM
A very lovely combination of painting AND textures! You created an interesting palette of beautiful soft and warm colors to surround the pale grayish titmouse. I like the subtle glow you added to the bird's face making that the first place I see. Such a sweet little bird! I think that one orange piece of canvas-looking texture at the top could be softened some. As is, it catches my eye and there are no other sections of texture this large. Or another possible presentation is to crop just a bit off the top, removing that orange canvas texture section. This also creates a visual diagonal line from the dark lower left corner to the titmouse and then a somewhat dark upper right corner.

Cheryl Slechta
04-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Kerry, this is a beautiful combination of your painting technique and textures. And what an adorable bird - they have such cute personalities.:S3: I love the broad range of colors - very soft and organic. I'm loving your paintings!

Anita Bower
04-07-2014, 05:03 PM
An adorable little bird. I like the pose, especially the tilt of the head. Nice catchlight. Nice glow on the bird. The paint work looks fantastic. My eye is drawn to the bright spot above the tail and the dark area in the LLC, distracting me a bit from the bird.

Randall Farhy
04-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Kerry, this one is classic. I really like the perch and how you've rendered the overall image. A fantastic series you've been creating with these techniques. Anita's bright area near the tail and behind the faucet aren't consistent with the shadow, perhaps that's why they compete with the bird. I'd also crop the upper horizontal dark texture spot out, personal preference. These are very pleasing images!

Diane Miller
04-10-2014, 06:24 PM
What they said!! This is just adorable! You've found and mastered a perfect painting technique -- I've got to do her course.

Paul Lagasi
04-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Very nice artwork, with the pose and open mouth I can almost imagine it calling...I may have to try this software....well done