PDA

View Full Version : Landscape photographers, help us out !

Mike Tracy
05-16-2008, 02:23 AM
I want to learn more about photographing landscapes here in Fl. and at my place in Montana. "Us" birders and wildlife people who post do a pretty good job of supplying the exif info so others may learn and help with critique. It would help if you would be so kind to post your settings to help those of us not as accomplished in this area. It seems like this is not provided with as much regularity in the landscape forum.

Thanks

Robert Amoruso
05-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Mike,

I routinely ask posters to supply all the tech info when they do not. I am working on some general guidelines to the two landscape forums and will be sure that this request is reiterated there. I will let the other forum moderators know to request this information as well when it is not shown.

I have not noticed any big disparity in the landscape forums over other forums regarding tech info posting, but we (the moderators) will keep an eye on it.

Alfred Forns
05-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Good point MIke !!!

Will get the word out as Robert suggested. I notice he mentions the fact every time he can. Something interesting in birds there are lots of post with no exposure compensation which is probably the most important tech info? Just like Robert I sound like a broken record asking for it but so far have been talking to a brick wall. Interesting !!! Will give it another effort Mike !!!

Mike Tracy
05-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks Robert and Alfred for acknowledging my request. What I like about this site to this point is that the powers that be actually take a interest in improving this site as well as furthering everyones knowledge regardless of interest or level of proficiency.

I am here here for the long haul and hope to share my knowledge in addition to learn from others. None of us knows everything of course and everyone seems eager to learn and share. We will all benefit and this will in turn be the best site of it's kind on the net.. The operative word and attitude to ensure this is to share.

Goes gets another beer.

Roman Kurywczak
05-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi Mike,
I'm with Robert.........& I often do find myself asking for the specs..........but I realized that I haven't done so in a while. i'll also keep on top of it!

Roger Clark
05-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Landscape settings: f/11 and be there ;-) (that applies to 35mm format; in 4x5, that translates to f/45 and be there, or for 8x10 folks, f/64 and be there.....)

Generally for landscapes, the standard is ultimate sharpness from near to far.

you can see settings on my images at:
http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries

In my landscape favorites gallery, http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries/gallery.landscape-1
if it says 35mm and doesn't say f/stop, it was most likely at f/11.

Roger