PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Striations

Wendy Kates
04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
This is another image from the mountains in the Negev, around sunset. I applied CEP procontrast, with multiply blend mode at about 60% opacity. I'm working from my laptop here, so I can't really tell if I applied too much opacity...it depends on the angle of the display! I'm also wondering if it needs to be rotated CW a bit.

C & C welcome.

Nancy Bell
04-06-2014, 03:22 PM
This is how I imagine it might look on Mars, the Red Planet! :S3: There is plenty of red but the various shades are nicely distributed throughout the image in layers and patches, creating interest and giving the eye places to wander. I think it does need some CW rotation.

Paul Lagasi
04-06-2014, 09:56 PM
I really like any mountain landscapes where striations are visible. I also agree that a CW rotation is needed, **** it looks hot. Nice composition.

Cheryl Slechta
04-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Hi, Wendy, I love all the variations of color and the diagonal striations. Nicely seen.:S3:

Anita Bower
04-07-2014, 04:59 PM
The image looks bright and hot. The layers of earth and the colors are arresting. I wonder what it would look like with a bit more contrast?

Randall Farhy
04-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Hi Wendy, this one invokes a feeling of hot and hazy-I'm getting thirsty just looking at it! The tones are gentle transitions with a strong orange pink hue, which are representative of many images I've seen via Google-though softer and easier on the eye. The sky appears as a hazy blue/grey. I like the composition and have mixed feelings about additional CW rotation as there is an area on the bottom which appears to be flat terrain. Perhaps just a touch?