PDA

View Full Version : It wasn't that funny !

John Robinson
04-06-2014, 07:57 AM
A nothing special snap of a frog in my garden that appears to find something funny. !

D200
Sigma 18-50 mm
Pop up flash
400 ISO
f22
Cheers
JohnR

Nancy Bell
04-06-2014, 03:32 PM
I don't know what the frog thinks is funny, but I know this in-your-face image made me smile!:bg3: I like these up-close head-on views. It is an exaggerated POV that we don't see in our every day goings about, and that makes it unique and interesting. I like that the wide-body view fills the frame with the two glistening eyes looking straight out, and the mouth has just enough sharpness to it. Very effective composition!

John Robinson
04-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Thanks Nancy. Just a bit of fun really ! Life - (Sorry photography ) can get far too serious for me at times.
Cheers
John

Steve Maxson
04-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Yup, looking rather pleased - smug, actually. Maybe it just swallowed a nice juicy fly! I like the head-on view and you have just enough DOF to make it work. I might suggest removing the white highlight on the nose and it looks like there may be some color noise in the light throat area.(?) A fun image!

Sandy Witvoet
04-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Hi John! I don't visit this forum as often as I should.... so I'm a bit late to the party here! This image made my day!!!! What a total HOOT and a big smile. This is SO well done... I can really see it framed and posted in a nature center or nature education establishment for, especially, children. Love the big grin and I keep looking at the reflections in "his" eyes to see if it was YOU that "wasn't that funny"! :w3
I agree with you... photography SHOULD be fun and free-wheeling and take an "off the wall" look at what's around us often-times.
(I would also get rid of the white "thingy" on his nose) .....
Thanks SO MUCH for this!