PDA

View Full Version : vishdesh Greater Egret in Mist

Vishal Deshmukh
04-06-2014, 12:01 AM
It was a foggy day, whole day there at Bharatpur; creating mist all over water bodies, and giving a dreamy feel to the scene.

I added little canvas to bottom and RHS, by merging another image in the sequence. Rest only modified levels, curves & saturation selectively. What do you think?

http://500px.com/photo/65943641

Camera: Nikon D300s
Lens: Sigma 120-300mm 2.8f + 1.4x TC
Exposure: Aperture-priority
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 1/640 sec
ISO: 640
Exposure bias: +0.7
Focal Length: 280mm

Daniel Cadieux
04-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi Vishal, I notice this is your first thread...welcome to BPN!! The image is not showing, I do not think you can link from 500px (try flickr or photobucket..or become a member and upload to our server). I did manually visit your image and I think you have a great scene. The splayed reeds behind the egret and their reflections add lots of interest. I do think the image looks a tad washed out (I know it was foggy but hard to tell as posted) so perhaps more contrast or deeper blacks would help here IMO. Hope to see more from you!

Vishal Deshmukh
04-07-2014, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Daniel! I am really touched by your efforts to specially visit 500px and review the photo.

Yes, I am just beginning and I will try to link again from flickr, after incorporating your feedback!