PDA

View Full Version : Chaffinch

John Robinson
04-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Male Chaffinch from the pool hide today. Just not enough DOF to get the tail right but weather not particularly good. Couldnt make my mind up about the crop so I tried a vertical first.
D7100
Nikor 70-300
1000 ISO
F8 @ 150th second.
Crop from landscape.
Neat image and edge smooth on background and slight darkening corners. Fallen catkins removed from water surface. They fall just when a good pose is happening !!
PP Paint Shop Pro
Tried curves for a change, Camera shapening down 1 and contrast down 1.
White balance sunlight.
Whites checked in Bibble
Thanks for looking and comments on last pic,
Cheers
JohnR

Geoffrey Montagu
04-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Very nice capture, John. Like the IQ very much. Perfect exposure, and like the sharp detail. Don't mind the soft tail at all. You also captured the moment he lowered his tail in the water shown by the bend in the the water.

Geoffrey

gail bisson
04-05-2014, 02:44 PM
This is really good John.
Perfect pose, love the splayed tail and the look back pose.
I love your water pool. It is lovely because of the clear water and visible rocks below.
The IQ is top notch as well. I like your comp but would also like to see it as a landscape.
Please advise which airport I should fly into to visit your wonderful hide!!:t3 Is tomorrow too soon?
Gail
I also like the color palette and feel the BG really compliments the finch.

John Robinson
04-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Hi Gail
Heres a landscape.
Regarding the visit- you are welcome but its a heck of a long way and expensive if nothing turns up !!!
Cheers
John

gail bisson
04-05-2014, 03:05 PM
I prefer the comp of the repost.
yes, it is a long way!!:S3:

Karl Egressy
04-05-2014, 04:32 PM
I also like the vertical crop better here. Beautiful bird, nice colors and detail, John.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Another vote for repost!
Very cute bird, love the colour and patters on back. Excellent sharpness and love the drops on the tail. If mine I would retain the 3:2 ratio and would give more room all around. :t3