PDA

View Full Version : Egretscape

Lance Peters
05-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Another in the ongoing "On the way to work" series.

Wished for (but didnt get):

Better reflection
Better head angle.

Still - I quite like the contrast between the white and the dark green.

D3
Sigma 500mm F4.5 @500MM
F5.6
1/160th
-0.7EV
400ISO

Crtiques appreciated.

Thanks
Lance

Harold Davis
05-16-2008, 04:43 AM
peaceful scene with a nice mood in this one, lance! i might have gone for the horizontal here instead of the vertical. the more i look at it, the more i want to see what he is looking at. great job with the exposure and capturing a mood here.

Gus Cobos
05-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Very nicely done Lance,
I like the composition and exposure on this one. The image has like a creamy feel to it. Very nice...:)

Nonda Surratt
05-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Just so I can disagree with Mr H:p I like the vertical crop, very, very nice image!!!

Harold Davis
05-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Just so I can disagree with Mr H:p I like the vertical crop, very, very nice image!!!

you are a lot like my wife!!:p:p

Alfred Forns
05-16-2008, 04:56 PM
......... man I'm in trouble here ... also like the vertical :p

Understand the reason for going horizontal since the reflection is not very sharp but I'm concern with the shoreline. Don't see much that I care to see so will go with the bird. When making reflections do take a bunch. Just a puff of wind will damage. Give yourself many chances and work for the image .. stick with it !!!

Lance Peters
05-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks everyone - yes I will get the perfect reflection - One Day.

Off on a business trip at the end of next week for 1 week, trying to work out how to take my gear????
Also have just recieved my permit (still waiting on my access key) to the western sewerage treatment plant, a 10,000 ha wetland area that is the 2nd best bird watching area in australia (only 3 hours from were I live).

The only place were comorants breed in WINTER, hopefully If I have my key I will be able to do a recon next weekend.

Lance

Oscar Zangroniz
05-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Great image Lance. Bird is very nicely focused and well exposed. Agree with Al in regards to the shoreline.
Only wish I had the same views you have on the way to work!!!!
Regards,