PDA

View Full Version : Mourning Dove

Diane Miller
04-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Shot this dove this morning. It was thinking about approaching the feeders and parked in the one clean spot in the tree just off our deck, and it didn't spook while I (slowly and carefully) moved my tripod about a foot to get a clearer view. I'm always conflicted about smaller in the frame subjects because I love showing the detail, but I thought this branch was a good setting, and I don't find many opportunities to show the environment. This is just out of LR -- I would add more canvas on top and probably pull out a little more detail on the breast in PS, but no more time to process for a almost week.

Canon 5D Mk III, 600mm II + 1.4X III. Big Gitzo with Wimberley II. ISO 800, f/11, 1/800 sec. No crop. Basic LR adjustments only.

C&C always appreciated.

Tobie Schalkwyk
04-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Nice, clear shot wth nice BG, Diane! We tend to take these birds for granted because they're all around us but they're still beautiful and worthy of a snap.

Frank Schauf
04-03-2014, 01:53 AM
Beautiful portrait, great details and sharpness.

Raybel Robles
04-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Beautiful image! I like the composition of the image with the interesting perch leading to the bird on top. Great shot!

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Diane perhaps this is a common specie but nevertheless is a really lovely one. Very nice clean BG and pose.

Marina Scarr
04-04-2014, 08:34 AM
What a super frame, Diane. I just love the perch here and the pose along with it works so well. I would tone down the brightness of this one just a tad.

Rob Melone
04-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Super composition and capture Diane. Love the perch and overall soft tones and nice positioning for the bg. It's a work of art with an oriental look to it!

Diane Miller
04-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Thanks, everyone! I'll have a look at exposure, Marina.

I'd love to remove the OOF branch at the bottom left, too. May have to prune some of the branches it crosses but should be doable.