PDA

View Full Version : Fog on Octorara Creek 2

Anita Bower
04-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Processed in a similar manner as my prior post. I used lots of filters: Color Efex Pro: Contrast Color Range, Graduated Neutral Density, Paper Toner, Pro Contrast, & Glamour Glow. Topaz Detail. Also, selective lightening and darkening.

You can see the textures I used by following the links: "#8 Caramel 14" (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bw4444/6929448788/in/photostream/) and "Grandpa's Cedar and Suede" (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jewellofdistressed/11328551834/in/photostream/), applied several times at different blend modes and opacities.

I wonder about the lightness of lower right corner. I tried darkening it, but it didn't look right.

Paul Lagasi
04-03-2014, 02:39 AM
Like your previous post, I like the tones and the composition you've achieved. I wonder what it would look like a bit darker, with more of the black brought out, just an idea....nice work

Anita Bower
04-03-2014, 05:17 AM
Like your previous post, I like the tones and the composition you've achieved. I wonder what it would look like a bit darker, with more of the black brought out, just an idea....nice work
Here is a darker version. After posting it, I realize it isn't all that much darker. What do you think?

Nancy Bell
04-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Anita, I'm more partial to the OP. I like the lighter version as it feels more like a foggy scene.The textures & monochromatic tones are seamlessly & effectively layered with just the right amount of tree trunks, branches, etc. just starting to materialize through the fog. You have a great technique and eye for using and layering textures! You should create a teaching video!!

Judy Howle
04-05-2014, 03:08 PM
I like the repost best. Nice toning and texture for the image!

Cheryl Slechta
04-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi, Anita, although it is a subtle difference I think I like the repost better. :S3:

Anita Bower
04-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Thank you, Cheryl, Judy, Nancy for commenting. I assume when very few people comment, that most don't like the image. Personally, I'd prefer them to comment telling me so. :-)