PDA

View Full Version : Marsh marigold

Jonathan Ashton
04-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro ISO 400 +0.3, 1/160 sec f8
This was the first to appear on the garden pond, all C&C welcome.

John Robinson
04-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi Jon
Nice bright golden Kingcup. Mine too are just coming out. The flower area is fine but there seems to be quite strong haloing around the leaf edges and the stem. Has the background been changed . ?
Nice strong flower shot whatever.
John

Jonathan Ashton
04-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Thanks John, it is a straight forward image no cloning etc done. You are possibly seeing movement due to the breeze.

Nancy Bell
04-03-2014, 05:01 PM
The yellow flower is quite lovely, but I really love that nice sharp edge of the leaf, with those tiny pin points of bright light, curved up and framing the flower with such dramatic flair! You might consider cropping down some from the top. I'm trying to picture the grid for the rule of thirds and thinking that the center of the flower would work in the upper right intersection.

Steve Maxson
04-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi Jon. Love the soft side-lighting! Good detail in those tricky yellows and the blueish background works well with the yellow and greens of your subject. Like John, I'm noticing the rather sharp edges on the backside of the leaf (other objects closer to the lens have softer edges). Not sure what is going on there, but it catches my eye. I like Nancy's suggestion about cropping just a little off the top. Overall, this is very well done!

Norm Dulak
04-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Very nice, Jon, although I think Nancy's crop suggestion might be worth considering. Beyond that, I like this image. But if you would like a nit, there is a relatively bright spot in the triangle formed by the branching stem, the bud and the flower. I'd eliminate that spot.