PDA

View Full Version : Full stretch down

Miguel Palaviccini
04-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Man, these teals gave me quite a hard time in S. Cal. They were quieter than the Shovelers (not as much warning to them flying by) and at least twice as fast (or so it seemed). Getting them on the focus point was a challenge, but I managed a couple of times.

Shooting Info:
Canon 5D3 | 500 f/4 II + 1/4x III
1/2500" | f/5.6 | ISO 1600

This is quite a large crop, so I'm keeping more space than usual around the bird. Some noise in the wings, but reducing it didn't look as good, IMO.

arash_hazeghi
04-02-2014, 12:31 AM
I like the wing down stroke and the nice colors, I do see some noise on the plumage and from the detail looks like it was too big of a crop.

TFS

Rob Melone
04-02-2014, 12:20 PM
You did an excellent job Miguel especially considering this is such a small duck! Exp, color, bg and that wonderful sharpness makes this a favorite of mine.

gail bisson
04-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Agree with your self critique!Noise wouldn't be an issue if you printed it.
Beautiful pose and love the BG. I would love to have this in my files with the great downstroke wing position.
My minor issue with this is that he is moving slightly away from the viewer.
Gail

Ian Wilson
04-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Good effort. I hope you are inspired to try again when the photography gods are smiling on you. You have had some great feedback.
Ian

Doug Brown
04-03-2014, 07:13 AM
The subdued light helped bring out the colors of your subject (I know that sounds backwards, but it's hard to get the green in the wing in sunlight for some reason). Nice downstroke of the wing and good sharpness. The BG is a little drab, but that's what you get in the lighting conditions you were shooting in.