PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Sea Fog

Kerry Perkins
04-01-2014, 11:50 AM
It's a sea of fog, and a foggy sea. I was coming down from the mountains above Santa Barbara one evening and saw this fog that covered the ocean as far as the eye could see. I thought it was really cool that the fog looked like waves on the ocean, and I got this shot just as the sun slipped away. Nik Detail Extractor was used on the fog only, and some color tweaks done in PS.

I am reminded of the Carl Sandburg poem:

"The fog comes on little cat feet.
It sits looking over harbor and city
on silent haunches and then moves on."

Randall Farhy
04-01-2014, 12:08 PM
That's an amazing image Kerry, I've not seen anything quite like it. At first I thought it was a composite, glad you included the backstory! Might also consider it for Landscape forum....

Cheryl Slechta
04-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Hi, Kerry, this is unbelievable - the fog looks just like waves. Beautiful - it must have been a thrill to see in person:S3:

Paul Lagasi
04-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Very beautiful, I really believe everyone's images should be considered to win theme's. Except maybe the Judgee....rule of thirds, love the color of the sky.

Anita Bower
04-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Marvelous. I thought it was the ocean until I read your description. I like how the fog creeps in between the hills. Lovely sunset colors. I like all the layers with different colors and textures.
I thought the foreground might look nice lightened a bit, and the narrow saturated band on the left horizon extended across the entire image. I did a quick job of it. The horizon saturation is rather rough and uneven. Just an idea.
Re. which images are included or excluded from the competitions: I don't know what the current rules are. It seems to be that everyone's images except those of the judge should be included.