PDA

View Full Version : First White Tail Fawn of the season (Cute Alert)

Jim Neely
05-15-2008, 08:26 PM
This little guy was about 18 hours old when I took this. Only got one try. :)

My wife watched his mom clean him off right after he was born last night.

40D, 300/4L IS, ISO 800, 1/500 @ f/8, hand held.

jn

White Tail Fawn
Sunset Canyon, Central Texas

Gayle Clement
05-15-2008, 09:56 PM
So delicate and adorable. I love it.
Could you darken, burn in the background a bit so that it won't distract?

Van Hilliard
05-16-2008, 06:35 AM
You're right. A cute alert is appropriate. I agree that darkening the bg would help but don't think you should do that at the expense of the high-key nature of the photo, which I think adds to the delicacy of the image.. Good photo. Very appealing.

Gus Cobos
05-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi Jim, I like the image and the little fellow. Your subject is smack in the center of the frame. I took the liberty to enhance your image. Tell me if you like it. I cropped from the right side of the frame to off center him, I took a tad from the bottom and from the top also to frame your subject even closer. I increased the hue slightly and added a bit of contrast and sprinkled a wee bit of sharpening...:D:D:D

Gus Cobos
05-16-2008, 08:53 PM
P.S. I forgot to correct the blade of grass that is touching the deer's right eye; I'll leave that up to you...:eek::D

Steve Maxson
05-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Very cute, indeed! I would agree with Gus about the crop, but I prefer the lower contrast in the original. :)

Gerald Kelberg
05-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Very cute image!

I have a question about "centering of subject" and would invite any thoughts. To me, the point of attention is the head/face of the animal. In the original, this was out of centre. With the crop that Gus has suggested, it seems to me that the face is now right in the centre.

I guess there is no right and wrong, but the answer lies in "what do you prefer?". Jim? Others? What do you think?

Gerald