PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife Image of the Week for the week ending Feb 21st, 2014: Jamie Douglas - What has a bear gotta do for some peace around here?

Daniel Cadieux
03-31-2014, 02:46 PM
Congratulations Jamie!

Hello folks. I hope you are all enjoying the start to 2014 :5. I've been a little quiet recently preoccupied with a few things (xbox one :e3 and my kid... yes in that order LOL) and feeling a little down in the dumps after a few lacklustre camera trips recently (feel sorry for me, go on please) :)))))

Photographing bears round these parts is never an easy task. Combine dreary weather with boat access and well lets just say disappointment is a common emotion at the end of a morning.

I am never one to give up and will always push my gear and myself to maximize the situation and try and come away with a few keepers. Maybe not award winners or wall hangers, but valuable lessons learned images that will only make me stronger next time... and there will always be a next time.

This bear had spent what seemed like an eternity with his head buried amongst the rocks slurping up clam chowder before he finally took a breather and discovered a boat full of poised photographers behind him.

Techs | Canon 1D Mark IV| 500mm F4 II | F4 | 1/400 | ISO3200 | -2/3 | AV Mode - I gotta get my hands on a 200-400 next time or maybe just a full frame camera as this could go a little wider in my opinion.

Steve, I hope you are in bed resting in preparation for a spot of gallivanting tomorrow. See you bright and early and bring a tumbler for a few wee drams of that duty free you brought.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Douglas
04-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Cheers Daniel, this means a lot considering the caliber of the weekly image posts in the wildlife forum.

Thanks

Jamie

Gabriela Plesea
04-06-2014, 06:11 AM
This is brilliant Jamie, CONGRATULATIONS!
I missed out on this one, was away when you posted, I just love it! Great colours and detail, so well presented!

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
04-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Well done matey, hope to see more from you in the coming months, once you & the bears come out of hibernation :bg3: :cheers:

Rachel Hollander
04-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Congrats Jamie! Looking forward to more images from you soon.:w3

Rachel

Marina Scarr
04-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Congrats, Jamie! Well done and what a terrific image.

Jamie Douglas
04-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Hey thank you everyone. I've been preoccupied training for my first 1/2 marathon coming up in May so spare time is now spent running or should I say panting instead of camera time but me and the bears are starting to come out of hibernation now :5

Diane Miller
05-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Great catch! Congratulations!