PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Owl Landing in a Tree

Michael Stern
05-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Greetings,
Here is one of a burrowing owl (the same owl from previous owl postings) landing in a tree not too far from its burrow. There were six owls and several were flying back and forth every 45 minutes to and hour or so, I just sat back and waited for them to fly....hope you like it!! Comments and or suggestions welcomed!
Best,
Michael
Camera 40D
Lens 70-200 with 1.4x
Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec
Aperture: 5
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Focal length: 220mm

Robert O'Toole
05-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Nice image Michael, the eye contact and the wings up pose is excellent. I like the foilage a lot also.

I would recommend sharpening the eyes and face and maybe run NR on the BG.

Good job michael congrats.

Robert

Doug Brown
05-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Love the wing position and eye contact Michael! Robert makes some good points about sharpness; increasing it a bit would make an already-strong image even stronger.

Brutus Ostling
05-16-2008, 02:13 AM
;)When I laugh at a photo it's good. There may be technical or other things you can do to improve it (I believe others can tell you that better than me), I just want to say cngratulations to the shot, and him looking so hard at you. The eye contact between you and the bird is what I like. Him or her asking: What is that? Who is over there?

susanschermer
05-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Love this pose.and the surprised look on his face. Agree about sharpening eyes. Where are you capturing these owls? Is it Brian Piccolo Park? I live in Miami.

DanWalters
05-16-2008, 06:49 PM
I like the wings and the eyes really grab my attention. Very nice image.