PDA

View Full Version : Redstart

John Robinson
03-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Male Redstart.
One of my birdwatching friends knocked on the door to tell me there was a male redstart in my garden. It had moved on when I got out. Just to say that is the earliest ever in my time with birds. Whether its good or bad news I,m not sure.Also found two Kingfisher nests and a dipper - a Rbin on eggs and a Blackbird so thigs are moving- and moving early.
This shot is from an earlier session. I have to say I,m not keen on the plain backdrop as you would expect. - but no choice without sticking painted cards up etc and I,m not into that.
Nikon D200
Sigma 50-500mm
Tripod/ hide
About 70% crop.
250th sec @f9
800 ISO
Dust bunnies removed,usual PP in PSP7.
Thanks for all who looked and commented on the Bullfich shot.
Appreciated.
Cheers
JohnR

Doug Brown
03-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Hi John. Very nice pose with just the right amount of head turn. Like the green part of the BG, but could do without the tan stuff on the right. Since you are working out of a hide, I'd try to position myself for a more consistent BG. I think the bird could stand some selective sharpening of the head, and I'd clone out the piece of twig at the bottom of the frame.

gail bisson
03-31-2014, 05:43 AM
Lovely bird.
I would add a bit of brightness as I find the image a tad dark. IQ looks good.
I would clone out the little twig coming up into the bottom of the frame.
Gail

Ritesh Nangare
03-31-2014, 08:32 AM
Great Bird , Great BG,
I would love to have some space on he left side of the image , it looks like tight crop from the tail side ,
all other thing are covered already......

Ritesh.

John Robinson
03-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Thanks all. Had a play around a bit.
Ritesh- just seen your reply- will get on it.
Cheers
JohnR

Sidharth Kodikal
03-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Pretty bird and a perfect head turn. Was a bit surprised to see a clean BG, because I know you're not into that John. Works for me though :) Although I prefer the darker bg color of the OP.
Agree re. moving the bird further into the frame a bit.

Satish Ranadive
03-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Excellent image. Very nice pose with lovely HA. Beautiful colours, wonderful details and superb BG.

Regards,
Satish.

Joseph Przybyla
03-31-2014, 02:58 PM
A beautiful bird nicely shown. Excellent image and capture.

Cal Walters
04-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Yes, Like the adjusted shot - per Doug's comments.

John Robinson
04-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Thanks all
So good to see so many views.!
JohnR