PDA

View Full Version : Phalaenopsis Redux

Norm Dulak
03-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Canon PowerShot S90, 6-22.5mm lens @ 15mm, hand held
ISO equivalent 400; f/7.1, 1/250 sec.
Standard CS6 adjustments

Visits to Longwood Gardens are like drinking water from a fire hose. You see a Phalaenopsis plant, and you admire it. You walk a little further, and there is another, somewhat similar yet distinctive. This is a variant of my prior post. In PP, background hardware was removed.

All comments and suggestions are respectfully solicited.

Norm

Randy Stout
03-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Norm;

Remarkable DOF from the small sensor. I like the comp as well. Nice sense of depth from the multiple layers. Well exposed.

Cheers

Randy

John Robinson
03-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Like the arching green spray above the flower. Frames it nicely. I reckon all cameras will get that size or even less one day!.
Florists were making a packet out of these for mothers day today. Some were upping the price by300%!
JohnR

Nancy Bell
03-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Lovely composition of the 3 orchids all facing the same way, & on a slight diagonal. Beautiful lighting really brings out the striking pinks and the orange of the centers. I like the good details also captured on the greenery and that you did not blur it into the bkgd. You used the greenery for a nice frame-like arrangement, especially that bit that comes in the right side to frame that one orchid and keeps it visually in the image. I also like that the concrete bkgd is more just pale color and without much detail.

Norm Dulak
04-02-2014, 06:54 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Steve Maxson
04-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Another beauty with the little camera! Great colors and good exposure. The water drops are a plus as is the diagonal of the comp - I might wish that the flowers were at even more of a diagonal. This is very well done!