PDA

View Full Version : Male Wheatear in the morning sun.

christopher galeski
03-30-2014, 05:38 AM
taken the other day,arrived back from Africa to breed here on the Lancashire moors.cannon500mm IS L F4,7D,iso500,F1/IOOOS,F5.6,CROP.SHARPENED,toned down a bit,NR on BG.

Joel Eade
03-30-2014, 07:21 AM
Nice light. Your exposure and sharpness look spot on and I like the composition too. I might consider toning down the rust colored area behind the bird's head. Well done.

Shawn Zierman
03-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Very compelling image. Love the lines and look of the background...really different in a great way.

Miguel Palaviccini
03-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Very nice detail on the bird, sweeeet light, and the catchlight is right on. The background for me is a bit distracting as the transition between the colors is abrupt.

Arthur Morris
03-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Neat image especially the BKGR. I am still trying to figure it out. I think that backing off a tad on the contrast on the bird might improve this one. Good job on the look-back head angle.

christopher galeski
03-31-2014, 12:05 AM
Thankyou for looking and comments,Arthur,the BG is as follows,you have the bird on the rock with lichen in light,then behind the bird is rock with lichen on it,in dark shade,then behind this you have rock and vegetation,at a distance in light,this sight is an old disused quarryon a moor,hope this helps.thanks again.

Satish Ranadive
03-31-2014, 12:25 PM
Excellent image with very nice back drop on which bird pops up nicely. I like the pose, perch and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Arthur Morris
03-31-2014, 04:12 PM
Thankyou for looking and comments,Arthur,the BG is as follows,you have the bird on the rock with lichen in light,then behind the bird is rock with lichen on it,in dark shade,then behind this you have rock and vegetation,at a distance in light,this sight is an old disused quarry on a moor,hope this helps.thanks again.

Thanks Christopher. It surely qualifies as a unique background!