PDA

View Full Version : Another Analog image

Cheryl Slechta
03-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, I finished the tutorial and I've got lots of images that I want to work on in Analog. This one was taken at the bed and breakfast where Freeman Patterson's workshops were held in Saint Martins, New Brunswick last year. I had used my hair spray lens on this one also and copied and pasted the Analog image over the original color image at about 80% opacity. It was foggy almost the whole time I was there so hopefully I can find some "fog" images for the theme:S3:

Paul Lagasi
03-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Pretty cool image, I'll have to see what you mean by Analog? The overall composition is pleasing to the eye, I may have moved the tree a bit right but not my image. Thanks for sharing.

Diane Miller
03-29-2014, 07:20 PM
I love this!! Wondering, however, how it would look with the shack darker -- more gray. And I'm conflicted about the white rectangular area above the bike wheel. All the rest is an 11 on a scale of 1-10!

Anita Bower
03-30-2014, 06:07 AM
I completely agree with Diane. I love the look you achieved. Wonderful feel to it. The softness is most pleasing.

Randall Farhy
03-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Fantastic rendering! Toning down the items Diane mentioned would help. Only niggle (for me) is that bright pink thingie to the right of the tree. It looks like a rubber stamp mark.

Kerry Perkins
03-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, I like the image as presented. Very nice antique photo look and I find that the objects add interest. Love the bicycle... Paul - "Analog" refers to Nik Analog Efex Pro, an amazing plugin that is infinitely adjustable to make great effects.

Nancy Bell
03-30-2014, 04:57 PM
I really like combination of graininess and softness, with the subdued palette. The details of the bicycle and old bucket work very well. But the whiter details of the shack, white thing and red pump are distracting as they are. I like that the bkgd vegetation seems to have a bit of a zoom effect away from the tree trunk & that curve of the grass from edge to edge. It seems to draw around you and take you to this place of a hazy summer dream.

Could you please provide the link for the tutorial? I could not find it.

Cheryl Slechta
03-30-2014, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Tim Grey has a new learning center - http://greylearning.com/index.html. It started out with a Lightroom tutorial which is about eleven hours long - broken down into chapters. He added tutorials on Nik Silver Efex, Analog and Viveza and also one on Night Photography. I find Tim to be the easiest to understand of anyone giving tutorials - he has a nice clear speaking voice, is very concise and to the point and I always understand what he's trying to convey. He has an introductory offer of $50 for a year and his last email said that he expects to be able to add enough courses after the first year to make it worthwhile for people to renew. So far, I've started the LR tutorials (I've had LR since its inception and have just scratched the surface of what it can do (I'm especially deficient in workflow in and out of LR) so that was my motivation to join. The Nik tutorials were the icing on the cake.
Here's a repost with the white thing toned down. I like the colors in the building so I left it the way it was:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
03-31-2014, 08:45 AM
I like the softness and your processing Cheryl. I might remove the shed as it doesn't seem to have the old-time feel like the rest of the image.