PDA

View Full Version : Could I be a little cuter? ;-)

Kristin Brown
03-28-2014, 03:50 PM
I have to admit that I haven't posted here in eons! After spending some time in FL with Doug Brown, Marina Scarr, David Salem, Cheryl Arena and Amy Marques my interest has been rekindled. :bg3:
Here is an absolutely adorable Barred Owl just shortly before he branched a few days later.
Any comments and critiques are appreciated.
Canon ID MK IV
Canon 500mm with 1.4X
ISO 2000, 1/200, f 5.6
fill flash

Karl Egressy
03-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Nice image of a lovely Owlet, Kristin.

keith mitchell
03-28-2014, 04:26 PM
You have got a great pose on your Owlet,looks a real nice image.

Doug Brown
03-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Welcome back Kristin!!! You made the most of a challenging shoot. Sharpness is good, especially considering the relatively low light. I like the habitat. And you couldn't ask for a cuter subject!

Marina Scarr
03-28-2014, 05:28 PM
It seems our barred owl files have miraculously reappeared? :w3 You did a great job with your fill flash here, Kristin, and pushing that ISO. That was a great teaching session for me, and I used the advice the last two days shooting yet another owl nest in Tampa in even lower light than here. Those words "push your ISO" kept coming back to me. Well done, and it was great shooting with you and the gang.

dankearl
03-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Exposure and color look great, especially with the flash use.
I assume you had to do some eye work using the flash? If so , excellent and the flash gave a glint to
the eyes which looks nice, they can be just a lifeless black without flash use.
Nice work…..

Miguel Palaviccini
03-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Nope, not much cuter than that!

Nice work on adding fill and still having the image look very natural. The small catchlight in the eye adds life to the owlet (which is real nice since their eyes are so dark!).

Looking forward to seeing some more from your FL trip. Glad you were able to recover these images ;)

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Nice to see you posting again Kristin!
Lovely and cute is the word for this one!
Your flash work is quite good and it brought out all the fine details that other wise would be lost in deep shadows, nice portrait.

David Salem
03-28-2014, 11:14 PM
That was a fun evening that was Kristin. Great look at this little cutie. Good job on the flash work and the eye fix. Lots of fun shooting with the group at the owl nest. See ya soon. Keep em coming;)

Satish Ranadive
03-29-2014, 01:24 AM
Excellent image of cute owlet.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
03-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Very cute indeed...I love the perfect coif. Pretty neat nest location too. If anything I's add back a tiny bit above (assuming it is cropped) to give a bit more space for the broken branch tip. Glad you guys had fun in FLA...

Troy Lim
03-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Cute and famous baby owl :)
Nice seeing the shot here.

Arthur Morris
03-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Hi Kristin, Good having you back here. I love the owl and the fill flash. The broken section of tree on our left is bugging me. At the very least, pointing the camera to your right would have minimized it, as would your having gone vertical.

arash_hazeghi
03-30-2014, 02:15 PM
This is so cute!

Sidharth Kodikal
03-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Welcome back Kristin and looking forward to your participation. Cute owlet, comfy look nest and nice use of flash. I'd crop a bit from the left and add to the right, if possible and warmify the owl a tad (looks a bit blue on my monitor).
Tough conditions handle well. TFS and keep them coming!